Monday, June 29, 2015

The Rest is for the Birds

Today has been a crazy day.  We were running to and fro, checking ticket prices, communicating our needs (which for some reason can be quite stressful), praying and interceding, changing diapers and stopping tiny brothers from tiny-brother-tackling one another and poking out their tiny eyes... I just can't quite describe this day exactly right.  I knew we'd buy our tickets today even though we were lacking more than half of the supposed needed amount.  It's an assurance I'm not sure I've ever felt before; a weird sort of stillness in the midst of figurative storm.  
     On top of ticket stuff, and sort of off topic, we found out that someone who had attended one of our artistic variety  shows last week,"La Varieté"(a show with performances of artists of all shapes, sizes, and walks of life), had decided to take her own life.  That night, the night of the variety show, one of the artists shared about Jesus after finishing his performance.  It's not a usual part of the agenda because it's not what you might call a typical "Christian" event but it was something he felt he had to share that particular night in front of everybody.  It was almost as if the gospel was oozing out of his pores and he couldn't help it.   
    I'm not sure what this has to do with our trip to Asia but it was all coming down on us all at the same time today.  All day we seemed to be seeking God, not for answers but for guidance, about so many things.  My sweet nephew Milo went to be with the Lord almost 2 years ago to the day and I've long since learned not to look too hard for answers.  I've already found THE answer and the rest of it no one has been able to figure out since the beginning of time.  No, I don't look for answers.  I look for guidance, mainly in how to obey that sweet voice of love within that drives me on and carries me all at the same time.  I still ask questions, I guess they are just different kinds of questions.  Somehow it all comes together for me - our mission, the girl who was so sad she took her own life, and our Asia Project.  The world needs love, the world needs Jesus, and I'm ready to share Him with those who'll accept Him or not. 
     If any of you who have been following our story and don't really know my best friend Jesus, my Father and Brother, but would like to know this love that casts out fear and doubt, depression and rage, sadness and deceit, let me know.  I'd love to introduce you to Him.  You'll never be the same once you find THE answer.  The rest is for the birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment